Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My to be read and all the extras for 2008


There is a website that has a To BE READ (TBR) challenge for the year. I missed the deadline because I am totally and completely clueless sometimes. It makes perfect sense that your list would have to be in before 2008, doesn't it? I decided to still make my list of twelve and my alternatives and just set a personal goal to read them. I will undoubtedly read many more this year as I can't stand to not have a book to read in the house. The website is great because it offers you some ideas of what others are planning to read. For me this is a blessing and a curse because I always have a running list of TBR.
I really had a hard time narrowing down the 12 top for my list. These are in no particular order and the alternatives may win over the top. I guess it all depends on my library and friends.
2008 book list

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen 3/2/2008The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova 2/5/2008
The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield 3/31/2008
Then We Came To The End by Joshua Ferris
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson
Helpless by Barbara Gowdy
Summer people by Brian Groh done 1/17/2008
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boye
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen 1/20/2008
The Road by Cormac McCarthy

***ALTERNATES and EXTRAS***
Rape: a love story Joyce carol Oates 1/20/2008
Flying Changes by Sara Gruen 1/27/08
The Dew Breaker by Edgwidge Danticat done 1/15/2008
One Good Turn by Kate Atkinson 3/6/2008
Emma - Jane Austen
These is My Words by Nancy Turner
Sarah's Quilt by Nancy E. Turner
The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng
How I live now by Meg Rosoff
Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair By the Yarn Harlot

No comments: